RSVP NOW for our upcoming events!
New Tutor Orientation Sessions
Join other new tutors and learn more about HCT and our program, meet our staff and have all your questions answered!
Two zoom sessions available! Join one that works with your schedule.
October Tutor Tips Training
Interactive training with strategies for how to work with students from K to 8th grade. Plus, learn about curriculum and tools for students who don’t have teacher provided schoolwork or have different learning styles. Chance to ask questions following the session.
Two training sessions available! Attend the one that works best for your schedule.
PREVIOUS HCT Tutor Orientation and Training: Presentations and Handouts
- Tutor Orientation Presentation deck
- Social / Emotional Needs for our New Normal – Presentation deck by Julie Joback, school counselor for SCSD
- Flexibility, Listening and Praise – Presentation deck by Cynthia Wiggin, experienced HCT tutor and former staff member
- Tutor Tips for ELA and Math – Presentation Deck prepared by HCT staff
Handouts from October 13, Tutor Orientation and Training Workshop
- HCT staff list and schools served
- Volunteer Expectations
- Guidelines for Effective Tutoring
- Mentoring Tips
- Tutor Reading and Writing Ideas
- Connecting Learning at School to Learning at Home
- Addition / Subtraction Fact Sheet
- Multiplication / Division Fact Sheet
- Social/Emotional Handout – What Makes Sense For This Student Today
- Social Emotional Handout – Student State of Mind
Read below for more strategies and worksheets for use during your tutoring sessions.
1. Helping your student
3. Tutor Binder
- Tutor binder K-4/5
- Tutor binder 6-8 (coming soon)
And don’t forget to check out our blog for announcements and news about Healthy Cities Tutoring!