- Alphabet chart – beginning reader
- Sound spelling chart – beginning reader
- Things good readers do – beginning reader
- What can I say when…. bookmark
- Reading Comprehension Questions for Any Book
- Climb the Hurdle of Hard Words bookmark
- Reading Reference Helper – Upper elementary & Middle School
- How to help a child become a better reader – questions to ask a child when reading with them
- High frequency words K-4th grade
- High frequency words, often also called sight words (or no-excuse words), are commonly used words that young children are encouraged to memorize as a whole by sight, so that they can automatically recognize these words in print without having to use any strategies to decode.
- Parent Ed videos from San Carlos School District for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and 3rd grade
- Slide presentation Shannon Logie, The Early Reader K-2, – Strategies on how to work with the early reader
- Slide presentation Kim Norgaard, Upper elementary students – Strategies on how to work with upper elementary students
- Khan Academy: English Language Arts material for grades 2-8 – Many instructional videos on Language Arts subjects
- education.com – print up to 10 feee worksheets per month
- ixl.com – comprehensive k-12 curriculum, some students have their own accounts
- khanacademy.org – Khan Academy – their mission is to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- News sites for kids:
- pinterest.com – for example search for ‘math games for 1st grade”
- pta.org/home/family-resources/Parents-Guides-to-Student-Success – created for grades K-8 and high school English, language arts/literacy and mathematics, the guides provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
- quizlet.com – flash cards on all topics