Check out the following hand outs if you are looking for some strategies to use or games to play with your student to practice math facts
- Place value practice game with dice
- Top-it card game to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Name that number
- Basketball addition game with dice
- Baseball multiplication game with dice
- How close to 100? – practice multiplication with the visual concept of multiplication
- Circles and Stars multiplication game
- A few more math games (elementary students)
- Collection of Math Card Games
- Multiplication strategies
- Long division strategy
- Steps to take in solving math word problems
- Multiplication/Division facts table
- Addition/Subtraction facts table
- Math Fact Screening System for Addition and Multiplication
- Middle School Math Textbook and Resources (Lessons, practice sheets)
- Singapore Math, Theory and Practice Grade K-2 by Susan Resnick, 1/20/2021
- Singapore Math, Theory and Practice Grade 3-5 by Susan Resnick, 1/20/2021
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade K supporting videos
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade 1 supporting videos
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade 2 supporting videos
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade 3 supporting videos
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade 4 supporting videos
- Math in Focus curriculum – Grade 5 supporting videos
Video of HCT workshop “Supporting Your Student in Math” (held on 3/4/14). Part 1 is about the “Everyday Day Math” curriculum that is being used in the elementary schools in San Carlos and Part 2 delves into the aspects of a math class in middle school.
- Part 1:“Supporting Your Student in Math”: elementary school part of math workshop
- Part 2: “Supporting Your Student in Math”: middle school part of math workshop
- CoolMath4Kids.com – sister-site of coolmath.com, appropriate for ages 3-12
- Coolmath.com – children can play online math games that help them with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, money and more. Geared towards ages 13 and up.
- education.com – print up to 10 feee worksheets per month
- funbrain.com – math games for students to use independently of their tutor
- ixl.com – comprehensive k-12 curriculum, some students have their own accounts
- K5learning.com – lots of free worksheets
- khanacademy.org – Khan Academy – their mission is to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- mathigon.org – fun online activities to build math skills
- mathopenref.com – math reference site. A free interactive math textbook on he web covering AlgebraI, Geometry, Constructions, Trigonometry and Calculus.
- pinterest.com – for example search for ‘math games for 1st grade”
- pta.org/home/family-resources/Parents-Guides-to-Student-Success – created for grades K-8 and high school English, language arts/literacy and mathematics, the guides provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
- quizlet.com – flash cards on all topics
- use Lego’s to help with teaching fractions
- youcubed.org – great resource for math! the mission of this organization is inspiring math success for all students through growth mindsets and innovative teaching.