Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer tutor! Please review the documents below which are part of our virtual Tutor Training Packet.
Tutor Orientation and Training, October 13, 2021
Presentations from Tutor Orientation and Training
- Tutor Orientation Presentation deck
- Social / Emotional Needs for our New Normal – Presentation deck by Julie Joback, school counselor for SCSD
- Flexibility, Listening and Praise – Presentation deck by Cynthia Wiggin, experienced HCT tutor and former staff member
- Tutor Tips for ELA and Math – Presentation Deck prepared by HCT staff
Handouts from October 13, Tutor Orientation and Training Workshop
- HCT staff list and schools served
- Volunteer Expectations
- Guidelines for Effective Tutoring
- Mentoring Tips
- Tutor Reading and Writing Ideas
- Connecting Learning at School to Learning at Home
- Addition / Subtraction Fact Sheet
- Multiplication / Division Fact Sheet
REference material for becoming a tutor
As part of the tutor application:
- Fingerprinting required. To ensure the safety of the students in our program, Healthy Cities Tutoring requires all adult tutors (18+) to submit to a DOJ and FBI background check. Once we receive your application we will send you the necessary forms to complete the fingerprinting process.
- You must review and accept our Child Safety Guidelines.
- You must review and accept our Volunteer Expectations.